Friday, August 5, 2011

Gen Con day 3

Alright, so today started out early. Got up around 6:30 again. We expected the cab to be here by 7:10 but apparently they picked up someone other than us, so we had to call them again. Finally got to the convention center just after 8. Dustin had a game to go to at 8 so we parted ways there. I had completely forgotten that I had my own seminar to attend at 8 as well so I ended up missing on a seminar that talked about how to incorporate fighting in your story. I had believed that my first was at eleven so I sat around the convention checking out the exhibits and everything until around 10:30 when I checked my tickets to be sure I knew the right room to go to for the seminar. That was when I learned about the 8:00 seminar. Of course I completely did not see that I did indeed have one for 11:00 which was one that I had REALLY wanted to go to. Villains as Heroes. Well that blew my two seminars for the day so I ended up looking around the exhibition hall some more...
But!
Everything turned out to be 100 times better than I thought. Because I found Author's Alley! I ended up walking around Author's Alley and talking to all the authors, editors, and publishers. So much networking. Managed to talk to some editors about my own writing and had many of them ask to see it. So I also got many emails. So my failed attempt at the morning turned out to be AMAZING!
So anyway... PICTURES!
This poor girl ended up having to stand for like fifteen minutes while people took pictures. Amazing costume though.

Belly Dancers. Meh.

BARDS!

Amazing work on this costume. Have to say my favorite part is the axe though. 

Zelda at the Ocarina store. She was amazing at playing that thing.


This poor Sith Twi'lek was having problems breathing she was laughing so hard. Apparently she had just used force choke on someone when I walked up and someone made a comment about erotic asphyxiation. She definitely had the nerd laugh going on. Lol. But great outfit. The Lekku were especially convincing. Also lady to the right in a dice bikini.

Lego Minotaur

Spider-girl(woman?) facing off against a very convincing Wolverine

Better shot of the troll from yesterday, I'd say it's quite a lot more intimidating to be right in front of it like this, than it was looking down from above.

Lightning from FFXIII

All of those are Magic: The Gathering cards, that are being built up for charity, and then they are going to auction off the right to destroy them.

Tusken Raider! He was easily frightened away though so I had to get out of there before he returned in even greater numbers.

Stormtrooper who Caboose interrupted for a pic. The guy was in a rather involved conversation. I decided to take advantage of the opportunity for the pic anyway.

I think next year I am going to make sure to bring an actual camera rather than the one on my phone. So anyway I ended the day on a high note. I had one last workshop that I went to, which was about plotting out your stories. Lasted about an hour and then I took a cab back to the hotel while everyone else is staying behind to play a game until 4:00 A.M. this guy though has his itinerary SET for tomorrow. So, first seminar is at 8:00 and I am NOT missing that one. So until then...

1 comment:

  1. great blog and excellent opportunities for you friend, but your correct the pictures were better yesterday. too many pixel , pictures too big to view on your page properly
    Don Dresden

    ReplyDelete