Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gen Con day 2

Wow, what an amazing day today. First thing was getting up at 6:30 A.M. on a vacation day! okay... best thing to do though considering everything started early at the Con. Got to the convention center and went to customer service to see about getting the ticket for one event that they hadn't given me yet. Sadly they told me I would have to get into the Will Call line again. Which stretched from one entrance all the way to the other... THEN BACK AROUND AGAIN! So, instead of wasting my morning waiting for something I spent the rest of my time before my first seminar just looking around.
BEHOLDER!
SO many costumes and people who were just generally interesting to look at. 


 Had so much fun just seeing everything when I happened upon this!
That's right. It's a troll. :)
So... Had my first writing seminar at 9:00. Best things I could have ever heard to start the con out. It was a writers panel and all they did was answer questions other people had. SOOO many things that I needed to hear about writing as a whole. Also a lot of things that were relevant to what I want to do with my life. I would share my notes from the panel but that would take several pages, so I'll make that another post on another day. 
Writers panel ended and I went to the exhibition hall which was packed beyond belief. Managed to get one of the biggest things I wanted which was a Mug O' Dice! or rather I took a mug, and dipped it into a big box of random dice and got to buy the dice that I pulled out. NICE dice too.
Bag O' Dice!
Had my first game session at 12:00 P.M. which lasted til nearly 8:00 P.M. Iron Player Championship 2011 Part 1: Invasion Cthulu and Part 2 Annihilate Cthulu. Had a blast with this tournament. Will probably write more about it later.But for now what you need to know is that Team Labyrinth won best team for the second act! (Team Labyrinth consisted of myself, Caboose, Lunchbox, and Doodad)
End of the night went to Doodad house for some pasta and talk before returning the hotel. (Of course we got turned around in the wrong direction and ended up turning a 20 minute drive into a 50, but hey, we got there fine. 
Alright so it's late. Gotta get up even earlier tomorrow so until then...

1 comment:

  1. it's awesome getting up early on a vacation day , working on the things which brings so much joy and happiness. You've learning a lot about writing it seems, which will help you develop your skills.
    have a great & wonderful day
    Don Dresden

    ReplyDelete